“Every effort should be made to strengthen and develop pastoral care for the family, which should be treated as a real matter of priority in the certainty that future evangelization depends largely on the domestic church.” -Pope John Paul II, Address to the Third Assembly of the Bishops of Latin America, 28 January 1979
The mission of the Office of Family Life is that of direct service to parishes and families, so that families may answer their call to holiness and become the ‘domestic church’ rooted in Christ. The family is the primary unit of permanent relationships and the fundamental focus of Christian development. The Office of Family Life will promote and support the four general tasks for the family: forming a community of persons, serving life, participating in the development of society, and sharing in the life and mission of the Church.
(Tasks adapted from On the Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World)
- Marriage Preparation
- Natural Family Planning
- Family Enrichment
- Faith and Science meet on the topic of contraception
- Family Ministry Suppor
- Family Advocacy
- Parental Education
- Parental Support
- Courage and Encourage
- Courage and EnCourage are spiritual support groups for individuals and family members who are experiencing same-sex attraction, For more information and local contact information please use this link.
- Human Sexuality Program Support
- Bereaved, Separated and Divorced Support:
- Resources and Referrals for Family Life related issues
- Annulment Information
- Retrouvaille Weekends. Retrouvaille is a weekend process for married couples who need to rediscover themselves and each other, and recapture their commitment. Retouvaille information and schedule. Note: Most services are provided in both English and Spanish.
Martha Pezo-Marin, Coordinator of Hispanic Family Ministry and Natural Family Planning
Clarigsa Pena Llorens, Office Coordinator
Office of Family Life
467 Bloomfield Ave.
Bloomfield, CT 06002
Telephone: 860-242-5573 ext 2690