Leonard P. Blair
On receiving the pallium
Archbishop Blair's Homily
at the Chrism Mass 2014
FOR MORE INTENSITY IN YOUR LIFE?
God may be calling you
to the priesthood
or consecrated life.
Director, 860-242-5573, ext. 7456.
As of August 22, 2014:
% of Goal: 116.71%
Donate to Annual Appeal.
More on Annual Appeal.
About Planned Giving
ARCHDIOCESE OF HARTFORD REACTS TO ALS AND "ICE BUCKET CHALLENGES"
It is wonderful to see how people respond creatively and enthusiastically on behalf of causes like medical research to combat ALS. At the same time, we also have to be attentive to the fact that not all forms of research are morally sound. For that reason, the Archdiocese of Hartford, like some other Catholic dioceses, would like to encourage Catholics who participate in the “ice bucket challenge” to send their donations to the John Paull II Medical Research Institute in Iowa which, in its ALS research, adheres to Catholic teaching regarding the respect that is due to human embryos.
ARCHBISHOP BLAIR ASKS FOR PRAYERS FOR PEACE IN IRAQ more>
USCCB PRESIDENT ASKS URGENT PRAYER FOR PEACE
Archbishop Kurtz Joins Pope Francis in Calling for Prayers, Action for Peace in Middle East, Ukraine, Africa, Central America
USCCB COMMITTEE ON MIGRATION
USCCB Committee Chairman Calls on President Obama, Central American Presidents To Protect Children and Families
The Archdiocese of Hartford is encouraged by the Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby case. Since the beginning, the position of the Archdiocese has been that no individual or employer should be forced to pay for health insurance that violates their religious beliefs. We will have to wait and examine carefully all of the details of the ruling; however, the ruling appears to affirm the religious freedom of Americans.
Statement by the Connecticut Catholic Conference:
United States Supreme Court upholds religious freedom
USCCB response to a Supreme Court ruling in the case of Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
Link to 6/30/14 interview with Fr. Michael Whyte on WTIC radio on religious freedom. MORE on this critical issue >
MEET OUR NEW DEACONS
See highlights of the ordination of deacons.
MEET OUR NEW PRIESTS
THE CATHOLIC TRANSCRIPT NEWS
- Thu. Sep. 4. “The Bible: God’s Handbook for Evangelization” from 1:00-3:30 pm at St. Aloysius Parish Center, Plantsville. Presenter is Stephen Binz. Contact 860-242-5573.
- Fri. Sep. 5. “The Bible: God’s Handbook for Evangelization” 9:30-noon at St. Thomas Seminary, Bloomfield. Presenter is Stephen Binz. Contact 860-242-5573.
- Sat. Sep. 13. "Building Intercultural Competence in our Parishes" Workshop. Details
- Sat. Sep. 13. Pilgrimage of the Sick at the National Shrine of Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, MA. FREE. Details
- Sun. Sep. 21. Catholic Youth Spectacular
- Sun. Sep. 21. "High Tea" Membership Drive at St. Justin Church, Hartford. Details
- Tue. Sep. 23. The 22nd Annual Archbishop John F. Whealon Memorial Golf Tournament. Details
- Sep. 24-Nov. 2. 40 Days for Life
- Sat. Oct. 25. CT Catholic Men's Conference. Details
Archbishop Blair is on Twitter!
2014 Catholic Youth Spectacular
September 21, 2014
September 24 -